Now water levels have dropped, The Fen Group will be starting work on the clearing, repair and upgrade of the Fenstanton Village Pond:
– Commencing Tuesday, 2nd March, the invasive weed will be cut-back and removed.
– The following week a holding barrier will be installed towards the rear/ Grove House side of the pond.
– This will be followed by draining of and, where necessary, repair to the bottom surface of the pond.
– The new metal fence, to match the bollards around the Clock Tower will be installed, replacing and extending the current old wooden fence.
– Once the new mud layer and water levels have settled, new planting in and around the pond will be undertaken.
– The area will be finished off with new seating on the grassed area to the rear of the pond.
At various times throughout the duration of the work, there may be localised disruption to the footpath and access/parking on the road next to the pond. We will endeavour to keep this to a minimum, but apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
We would also like to thank the owners of Grove House for allowing access to the team for the duration of the work.