CambWifi is live, and available for free, across all four of Huntingdonshire’s market towns as the high streets begin to welcome back residents and visitors following the reopening from lockdown.
The free connection is available in Huntingdon, Ramsey, St Neots, and St Ives town centres, providing safe internet access and free data to enable everyone to stay connected, as well as supporting local businesses. The rollout of CambWifi also supports Covid-19 safety measures, such as contactless payments while shopping for essentials, registering for ‘track and trace’ using QR codes, or accessing the latest local health advice and support.
The CambWifi network has been extended by Cambridgeshire County Council’s Connecting Cambridgeshire programme, with the support and drive of Huntingdonshire District Council, and additional funding for market towns from the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority.
Check coverage maps, plus frequently asked questions here: www.connectingcambridgeshire.co.uk/public-access-wifi
How to access CambWifi
It’s safe and simple to join:
- Find CambWiFi_Public in your Wi-Fi settings and connect
- Enter your name and email address, accept the terms and ‘Register’
- A new web page will open. Click the ‘Login’ button. The page will refresh and send you to the Connecting Cambridgeshire website’s CambWifi page (Please note: If you are logging in through a mobile phone or tablet you can click ‘Done’ to close the screen, but you are still not fully logged in)
- Check your email* within 10 minutes and verify your email by clicking ‘click here’ in the email. *You may need to check your Junk mail.
- A new login page will open up – click ‘Connect’ and you are now connected!
You will now be logged on automatically when you are in a CambWifi location